Christopher E. Sawin
Christopher E. Sawin is the Founder and Principal Attorney of Sawin Law, P.C., where he concentrates his practice in family law, probate, and estate planning. His practice includes the representation of individuals in some of the most difficult of life’s transitions, including divorce, paternity actions, modification of agreement and judgments, custody disputes, prenuptial agreements, enforcement proceedings, restraining orders, and estate disputes.
To serve clients with the utmost quality representation, Mr. Sawin draws upon his experience, training, and education to reach the best possible result for every client. His analytical approach and a hard-earned reputation for integrity and discretion ensures quality results, keeping the client’s best interest at the forefront of his practice. Mr. Sawin believes that zealous advocacy combines an understanding of the law with a creative use of intellect, negotiation, reasoned decision-making, and effective implementation of experts.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Sawin served in the United States Marine Corps where he deployed to Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom and aboard the USS Iwo Jima during the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit. He currently volunteers a portion of his legal services to indigent military veterans and their families with the unique legal challenges they face before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and with state law issues.
Previously, Mr. Sawin was a law clerk to Chief Justice John D. Casey of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court and also represented indigent families through his participation of the Suffolk Family Advocacy Clinic in a variety of issues in the Greater Boston area.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Plymouth Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Veteran's Claim Assistance Network
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Suffolk University, J.D., cum laude
- Curry College, B.A.
- Quincy College, A.S., summa cum laude
Schedule a Free 30-Minute Consultation
- Why Hire Sawin Law, P.C.
- We Will Go the Extra Mile to Protect Your Rights
- High-Quality Legal Service Focused on Client Results
- A Compassionate, yet Fierce Advocate on Your Side
- Attorney Sawin is a Marine Corps Veteran who Cares about His Community
- wFree 30-Minute Initial Consultation