Christopher E. Sawin
Christopher E. Sawin is the Founding Attorney of Sawin Law, P.C., where he concentrates his practice in family law, probate, and estate planning. His practice includes the representation of individuals in some of the most difficult of life’s transitions within all aspects of divorce and family law.
To serve clients with the utmost quality representation, Christopher draws upon his experience, training, and education to reach the best possible result for every client. His analytical approach and a hard-earned reputation for integrity and discretion ensures quality results, keeping the client’s best interest at the forefront of his practice. Christopher believes that zealous advocacy combines an understanding of the law with a creative use of intellect, negotiation, reasoned decision-making, and effective implementation of experts.
Boston Magazine has recognized Christopher for his advocacy as a “Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star” in the area of family law in 2020, 2021, and 2022. Only 2.5% of attorneys are selected as Rising Stars by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive the award. The selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys. The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazine and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country.
Previously, Christopher was a Law Clerk to Chief Justice John D. Casey of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court, where he also represented indigent families through his participation of the Suffolk Family Advocacy Clinic in a variety of legal issues in the Greater Boston area.
Before his legal career, Christopher served in the United States Marine Corps Infantry where he deployed twice, first to Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom, and then again while aboard the USS Iwo Jima during the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit. He currently volunteers a portion of his legal services to indigent military veterans and their families with the unique legal challenges they face before the Probate and Family Court.
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Boston Bar Association
- Plymouth Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Veteran's Claim Assistance Network
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Curry College, B.A., with honors
- Quincy College, A.S., summa cum laude
Schedule a Free 30-Minute Consultation
- Why Hire Sawin Law, P.C.
- We Will Go the Extra Mile to Protect Your Rights
- High-Quality Legal Service Focused on Client Results
- A Compassionate, yet Fierce Advocate on Your Side
- Attorney Sawin is a Marine Corps Veteran who Cares about His Community
- wFree 30-Minute Initial Consultation